Regular massage provides relief to people of all ages and all walks of life – from the competitive athlete or weekend warrior to the over-stressed parent or business person.
Massage promotes the health and well-being through the design and execution of customized massage treatment plans, integrating various techniques, practices, and alternative healing therapies.
The extensive training of our massage therapists ensures proper client assessment and the development of a therapeutic treatment plan that addresses the needs of those seeking pain relief, increased flexibility and mobility, or just pure relaxation.
Types of Massages
- Swedish Massage
- Neuro-Muscular Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Sports Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Passive & Facilitated Stretching
Beneficial in Treating:
- Sleep Disorders
- High Blood Pressure
- Chronic & Acute Pain
- Immunity Suppression
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Post-operative care
- Age-related Disorders
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Improves range of motion & decreases discomfort associated with chronic or acute pain.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles.
- Reduces muscle spasms and cramping.
- Releases endorphin’s, the body’s natural painkiller.
- Reduces recovery time from strenuous workouts.
- Increases circulation, which allows the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the lymph system, the body’s natural defense against toxic invaders. Reduces post-operative adhesion’s & edema, as well as reduces and realigns scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Contributes to shorter labor, helping to reduce tearing, as well as reducing the need for medication in pregnant women.
Techniques & Therapies
Each session is tailored to an individual’s specific needs and requirements.
New clients are asked to fill out an intake form which includes information regarding their medical history, past massage experience, and current physical state.
After an initial consultation and evaluation, an integrative treatment plan is developed with an emphasis on the individual.
As a current patient of South Lyon Chiropractic, Dr. Penn will inform the massage therapist of any current issues that you are receiving treatment for , as a way to increase health goals.